October 16, 2020

Metalogalva went shopping in France – Expresso

Company from Trofa buys Petitjean SAS from a Saudi group.

Metalogalva has announced the acquisition of 49% of the French company Petitjean SAS from the Saudi group Al-Babtain, with the option to buy the remaining 51%. The Troyes-based metalworking company, which specializes in steel engineering and protection, did not disclose the value of the deal, but said in a statement released on Thursday that the company, based in Troyes, has 350 employees and had a turnover of €41 million in 2019.

Known by the name of its founder, Petitjean operates essentially in the French market and in French-speaking countries, focusing on the areas of street lighting, tubular structures for transportation, energy distribution and telecommunications, representing “a very important strategic investment” for Metalogalva, says CEO Sérgio Silva, who is certain that this acquisition will make it possible to improve the supply chain and “develop important synergies in terms of research and development”.

“We are very pleased with this acquisition, which will increase Metalogalva’s market share in France to a consolidated figure of 43 million euros,” he adds.

Founded in 1971, Metalogalva – Irmãos Silvas, S. A. presents itself as “the oldest company in the VigentGroup, a national leader in its activity in the field of steel engineering and protection and one of the main European players in the production of street lighting columns and other structures linked to areas such as energy transport, renewables, telecommunications, roads, railroads and hot-dip galvanizing”.

Present in 14 countries (Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Algeria, Ukraine, Senegal, Canada, Mozambique, Brazil and Saudi Arabia), the company from Trofa employs around 650 people in its industrial units in Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, France, Brazil and Portugal and expects to close 2020 with a consolidated turnover of 150 million euros.